30 August, 2011

VACCINES

Vaccines!!!

This is a hard subject. There is tons of information for the pro and the anti sides. I'm not here to advocate for any side because I'm myself not sure which side I am. I gave my 3 kids vaccines 2 weeks ago and it gave them very bad reaction. They were sick for 10 days. I can't for sure blame the vaccine but my mother feeling tells me that their body didn't react good to it.
This last weeks were basically impossible. I'm not sure how I managed but I'm happy it is over. Also thanks to the best hubby and amazing siblings that came to visit :)
When I was pregnant with my first son I started reading material anti vaccine, I read pro vaccine also but majority was anti. And I decided I would not give him vaccines, well he was born and things changed, I wasn't so sure anymore. When he was 6 months he got his first shoot. After speaking to my cousin(that I really thrust and he's a pediatrician) I decided to give him. He always reacted good. My girls had fever always after vaccines but it would pass in 12 hours. This time was very different: all 3 with fever, cranky, upset stomach for almost 10 days. I don't think it was all from the vaccines but because their body was fighting the vaccine it got open for other infections.
It got me thinking that we as parents have to make decisions that will affect our kids lives forever. Some decisions we even don't think but others its so hard to choose. We will never know if we are doing the right thing. I guess we have to do our part and daven and Hashem will do his part. Its very hard when we realize we can't control everything that happen to our kids and I'm sure as they grown older the less I will control. But if we give a good foundation when they grow up they will be able to make their own decisions and hopefully the decisions we would have made for them or even better ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment